Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ROAR

Rachel and I got to spend some time together this weekend.  There were a few rounds of Mario Kart on the Wii, Chinese for dinner, she taught me all about Movie Star Planet and Moshi Monster, as well as lots of drawing.  It was a good play date.

Someone became shy suddenly...

Rachel's drawing of Katy Perry.  My favorite part is her signature in the hairpiece.  THANKS FOR HANGING OUT WITH ME RACHEL!  I HAD A FUN TIME!!!

If she gets to show off her art skills, I will show off mine.  This is a silkscreen of a factory in Muskegon, Michigan.  It was part of a series I did in college.  There are about 30 others that have ended up in many odd places.  The majority are at my mom's house.  She'll probably give them to you for fire wood at a good price.

 These are sketches I did of people that rode the Brown Line train with me to work in Chicago.  The torn off parts are where I wrote things like "get milk for dinner" and "PAY ELECTRIC BILL!"  

Mini abstract landscape.  Somewhere out there are some strange large paintings I did with super thick paint.  This is a practice piece that is only a 6 x 8 inches.  There was some painting I saw at the Art Institute of Chicago that I really liked and I tried using a similar technique.  From a distance, it's suppose to look like the woods (not sure if I'm allowed to tell you that, but oh well).

Another painting of abstract woods in the fall.  Kinda looks like the leftovers after a party...

Finally, please consider joining our family in the 2013 Walk to End Alzheimer's at Corn Hill in Rochester, NY on Saturday October 12th.  For more information, please visit the site below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...