Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Got Apples!

It doesn't get more Upstate New York than this: apple picking.  Headed over to the Apple Farm (https://www.thevictorapplefarm.com/) in Victor for a bag of apples, apple donuts, and other products in what is becoming a Columbus Day tradition.  

 How 'bout dem apples?

 The rain earlier in the day made all the apples look idyllic.  It also made my sneakers into a portable swamp.  You win some; you lose some...

Ground apples... 

 An old barn on the property.

Megan finding the perfect Golden Delicious apples 

"I can make baked apples, apple pie, apple cake, apple sauce, apple butter, apple muffins, apple juice, apple glazed chicken, apple pork chops, candy apples, apple crisp, apple strudel, apple cobbler, apple fritters..."

The foliage is getting to be near peak.  Just another week or so. 

More apples!

Also a Columbus Day tradition: Bernardo's (http://www.bernardospizza.com/) for a post-apple picking lunch.  

May I suggest the Chicken Pesto Pizza Special?  By far the best slices of pizza ever.  I probably could of had a whole pie to myself.  

MOMBUS2

That's all I got for this week.  See you on the flippy-flip (miss no-look basketball shot over my shoulder).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...