Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Wandering Wednesday: We've Got the Day

Wandering Wednesday 


There are songs that ask us to think. There are songs that ask us to remember. And every once in a while, there are songs that remind us of something we've known all along.

The opening track from Brinker James' debut album, Wooden Shield, is called "We've Got the Day." It begins with a simple invitation: "Come with me, we've got the day."

Those few words carry a surprising amount of weight. They remind me that some of life's richest moments are also its simplest. A walk beside a creek. Sunlight filtering through the trees. The feeling that, for just a little while, everything is exactly as it should be.

One of my favorite lyrics is: "Man named Life tapped me. Told me be happy." There's no grand speech. No complicated philosophy. Just a quiet reminder that happiness is often found by paying attention to the day we've been given.

When I was creating the cover artwork for Wooden Shield, I contemplated forests, changing seasons, and the symbols that would become part of the painting. Looking back, I realize this opening song captures that same feeling. Before life becomes complicated, there is wonder. Before the journey begins, there is home.

If you've been looking for thoughtful new music, I hope you'll spend a few minutes with Brinker James. I think they've created something special.

What reminded you to slow down and appreciate the day you're living today?

Listen to the full song at: 


Follow Brinker James: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...