Friday, February 23, 2024

Just 78 Years Since...

 


Stuck in traffic on 490 in Rochester, New York, my eyes linger on a hot pink billboard.  It says, "We're just 78 years since the gas chambers.  So no, a billboard calling out Jew hate isn't an overreaction."  How do I feel about this?

What if I were afraid of cruelty and violence in my own home?  Worried for the safety of my children, friends, and family?  Not because of something I did, but for only being me.  Could I count on you to be a friend?  People like us should be sharing kindness, right?

Sometimes, we can feel alone.  But we are a community of friends and neighbors.  In the end, we all want to be happy.  So many of us are feeling anxious.  And I want you to know how much I appreciate you and that so many of us care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...