Thursday, December 27, 2018

Max Ryznar 1981 - 2018

Max Ryznar 1981 - 2018
Max (left) in Rapper's Guild at Palmer Hall in the late 1990s (photo credit: Eleanor Canter)

A unique and bright star in a vast universe has left making our world a much darker place.  Words fail to capture Max's creativity, kindness, and friendship.  But, Max was supportive of any creative project and a willing participant in mischief.  In 1997, I had just sat down in the Mona Shores High School cafe-torium when Max took the seat across from me.  He slid a piece of paper toward me and said, "Hey, I may have something for that little 'zine of yours.  Did it in my last class."  It was the beginning of a series of comic strips called "Sexual Secrets."  He was a wonderful collaborator and the best way for me to honor him is to share his creations.

Schism #7 August 1997

Schism #8 September 1997

Schism #10 November 1997

Schism #12 January 1998

 Schism #17 June 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...