Friday, March 5, 2021

Chicago Street

Brightscapes: The Way To Beauty


Chicago Street
acrylic paint on canvas board
5" x 7" (12.7 cm x 17.8 cm)
202103015
© copyright Mike Kraus
It's so cold outside that the door handle has frost on the inside of the apartment.  I eat my toast as I put on my layers of clothing: thick socks, long johns, undershirt, and ski goggles so my eyes don't freeze waiting for the train.  I top off my thermos of coffee and grab a few office papers.  I prepare myself for the wind chill as I put on my hat coat and boots.  As, I open the door, I know it's going to be a great day as the landlord already cleared the sidewalk. 


Mike Kraus was born on the industrial shoreline of Muskegon, Michigan. After earning his Fine Arts Degree from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, he attended Grand Valley State University for his graduate degree. From there, he gained varied experiences from the Chicago Architecture Foundation, Art Institute of Chicago, Hauenstein Center For Presidential Studies, Lollypop Farm Humane Society, and the Children's Memorial Foundation. And every place he worked, he had his sketchbook with him and found ways to be actively creative. In 2014, Kraus became a full-time artist by establishing Mike Kraus Art. Since then, he has sold hundreds of paintings that are displayed in nearly every state and dozens of countries. Currently, Kraus lives in Rochester, New York with his beautiful wife and goofy dog.

For more information or custom order, please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...