Brightscapes: The Way To Beauty
I woke beneath a Halloween moon with a mouth full of dust and a conscience long since buried. I have learned that ambition can hollow a person out, especially when every decision is made for power, praise, or a seat at someone else’s table. I hear the dry rattle of my own bones whenever another cruel idea is dressed up as destiny, and I smell the cold earth rising whenever compassion is sacrificed for sadism. Even the couches are scared of me, though perhaps that is another story best told with our elitist cabal.
I carry this little omen as a reminder that identity is built from choices, not slogans, and that the future we aspire to becomes real only when we refuse to surrender our judgment, our empathy, and our courage. Slip this card into your collection, keep it close when the things gets absurd, and let its dark humor make the uncomfortable a little easier to confront.
If the decisions of destiny are going to haunt us, shouldn’t we at least choose to become the kind of people who refuse to be haunted into silence?
π️π Blursed Decisions of Destiny #628 ππ️
pen and colored pencils on Bristol paper
2.5" x 3.5" (6.35 cm x 8.89 cm)
NOT A PRINT OR REPRODUCTION
202609047
© copyright Mike Kraus Art Inc.
For a spooky moment, please visit:
or buy direct at:
π What does the world look like through the eyes of a leaf that has fallen to the ground? π
Brinker James explores loss, change, and letting go in “Fallen,” a thoughtful song from their debut album Wooden Shield.
Sometimes endings are not simply endings. π
π΅ Listen and discover the story behind the song:
π Freedom Fallπ
Join Freedom Fall, October 2nd-4th, an online gathering celebrating creativity, free expression, storytelling, and community. Bring your art, your ideas, your voice, or simply your curiosity, and help create a space where people can create, connect, speak freely, and belong.
I’m Mike Kraus, a lifelong artist who believes color, movement, and curiosity can quietly change how a space and a day feel. More about me at: https://mikekraus.blogspot.com/p/bio.html
For more information or custom order, please visit:
Store: http://MikeKrausArt.etsy.com
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/MikeKraus/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mkraus
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeKrausArt
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikekrausart

No comments:
Post a Comment