Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tips For Working At Home: Perks Of Being At Home



Perks Of Being At Home

We all know the stress of working from home.  Especially during the 
Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.  But, we have to admit there are some benefits of working from home, right?  So, with all the anxiety surrounding us, let's take a moment to see what we can be grateful for.

1) No Traffic: Life without road rage is wonderful.  When I started working from home 6+ years ago, losing the 1 1/2 hours per day of the rush hour commute improved my life beyond anything I could have imagined.  It's like adding 15.5 days to your life each year.

2) Sweatpants: While I do encourage you to change out of your pajamas for work, I'm all for being comfortable.  I love wearing my shorts and hoodie on the job.  I'm perfectly happy letting those stiff collared shirts, strangling neckties, and uncomfortable shoes collect dust in my closet.




3) My Own Space: Unfortunately, too many people lack space for a personal office and are crammed into their dining room or other public space with their partner, roommates, kids and/or pets.  But, I'm lucky enough to have my own studio.  It's set up for me; by me.  I can shut the door to keep the rest of the world out.  And turn up my music as loud as I want (and use your own toilet).

4) My Time: While I try to keep a routine, it's great that working from home allows me flexibility.  I don't have to beg and negotiate for every break or lose my lunch for any appointment, emergency, or other interruption.  I can have weird times if I want to.

5) $: No gas for the car.  No fare for the bus/train.  No overpriced meals for lunch.  No need for fancy clothes.  In fact, many of my at-home activities are now tax-deductible.  

6) Avoiding Office Politics: While they still exist, it's much easier to escape.  While the butt kissers and back stabbers are out there plotting, I'm getting work done.  And there's no long-running drama about the thermostat being set at 90 in the winter and 30 in the summer...


7) That Dumb ChoreI can mow my lawn at 10am on a weekday.  I pick up groceries when it's not busy.  I can talk on the phone while doing laundry.  

8) Loved OnesI eat lunch with my wife every day since the Coronavirus lockdown.  I'm more social than ever!  I can play with my dog on breaks.  And that pup has interrupted all of my wife's meetings.  

Are you having difficulty working from home?  Don't hesitate to ask questions.




Mike Kraus was born on the industrial shoreline of Muskegon, Michigan. After earning his Fine Arts Degree from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, he attended Grand Valley State University for his graduate degree. From there, he gained varied experiences from the Chicago Architecture Foundation, Art Institute of Chicago, Hauenstein Center For Presidential Studies, Lollypop Farm Humane Society, and the Children's Memorial Foundation. And every place he worked, he had his sketchbook with him and found ways to be actively creative. In 2014, Kraus became a full-time artist by establishing Mike Kraus Art. Since then, he has sold hundreds of paintings that are displayed in nearly every state and dozens of countries. Currently, Kraus lives in Rochester, New York with his beautiful wife and goofy dog.

For more information or custom order, please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...